Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's been a while

Things have been a little crazy around here! I'm sorry I've neglected this, I should not have!  Where to start - Charlie's condition has changed slightly - she has now been diagnosed with Milk and Egg allergies as well as soy intolerance. I thought it was hard to  shop and cook just avoiding soy, I thought I was a pro, until - they asked me to also avoid Milk and Eggs.  
The first few days back to school were a horror show, she was on Zyrtec daily, and having break through reactions, she was on "Do Not Feed" lists, i was sending her own food in, and she was still reacting, daily. Finally I exhausted, unable to figure out what was going on, I brought her to her pediatrician, who put her on predisone for 10 days, which stopped it for about a week - then it was back, 10 more days of prednisone and her pediatrician called the school. Charlie was put on a steroid cream for her face, finally, FINALLY, that stopped the reactions.  She occasionally will have a reaction now - but it's easily put down with the steroid cream and benadryl.
Charlie after being given butter cream icing by a well meaning Publix lady
 Also in the big news front 

We're having a baby its a BOY!
Yes that's right the Winslow family is expanding by 2 feet, - to make 3 boys 1 girl. 
We are 21 weeks - tomorrow - Due 8/9/2013!

Happy Charlie at the park
One last picture for the road, - I'll be posting dinner pics tomorrow, and some recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment